1. Who is the first Indian-origin woman professor in the Harvard University’s history ?
Answer: Gita Gopinath
2. New Rupee Symbol of India or Indian Rupee Symbol represents ?
Answer: A mix of the Devanagri ‘Ra’ and Roman ‘R’, to become the fifth currency in the world to have a distinct identity.
3. New Indian Rupee symbol has been revealed by Cabinet on ?
Answer: July 15, 2010
4. Who was Daya Nayak ?
Answer: Daya Nayak is Mumbai’s controversial police officer and encounter specialist.
5. Who is the Cricketer decided and wants to have his blood used on a page of his autobiography to be released in February next year (Feb 2011) ?
Answer: Batting star Sachin Tendulkar
6. The Andhra Pradesh High Court has granted bail to former Satyam managing director Rama Raju, former chief financial officer Vadlamani Srinivas and three others accused in the multi-crore rupee accounting scam on —————–
Answer: July 20, 2010
7. What was The world’s only antivirus browser ?
Answer: Epic Browser
8. Who is the first Indian-origin woman professor in the Harvard University’s history ?
Answer: Gita Gopinath
Noted academician Gita Gopinath has been named professor of economics at the prestigious Harvard University, becoming the first Indian-origin woman professor in the institution’s history.
9. Who was chargsheeted on July 20, 2010 for passing secret info to ISI ?
Answer: Madhuri Gupta
Delhi Police today chargesheeted disgraced diplomat Madhuri Gupta accusing her of passing secret information to Pakistan’s ISI during her posting in Islamabad. Gupta, who was arrested in April, has been accused of being in touch with two ISI officials, Mubshar Raza Rana and Jamshed.
10. ———————— seed extract has anti-diabetic properties says a pharmacology professor at the University of Montreal’s Faculty of Medicine.
Answer: Cashew seed
Cashew tree products have long been alleged to be effective anti-inflammatory agents, counter high blood sugar and prevent insulin resistance among diabetics.
11. Who is the Former India hockey star attacked umpire ?
Answer: Sunil Ekka
Former India hockey player Sunil Ekka, playing for Army XI, lashed out with his hockey stick at veteran umpire RS Suriya Prakash, leaving the latter seriously injured.
12. Which are the two Trians rammed each other and met to Trian Accident which killed and injuried many people in West Bengal ?
Answer: Uttarbanga Express and Vananchal Express
60 people were killed and over 90 injured when a speeding Uttarbanga Express tore through the rear of Vananchal Express at the Sainthia station in Birbhum district of West Bengal. The train apparently overshot the signal.
13. New Rupee Symbol of India or Indian Rupee Symbol designed by
Answer: IIT post-graduate D Uday Kumar
14. Who is the Congress MP high command warning resumed his controversial ‘Odarpu yatra’ in Srikakulam district of Andhra Pradesh on July 8, 2010 ?
Answer: Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy
15. Recently, who was the politician charged in anti-Sikh riots case ?
Answer: Senior Congress leader Sajjan Kumar