1. The 18th edition of the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards function was held in
b) The USA
Ans. (b) The USA
2. Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu on 14 July 2017 dedicated country’s first solar powered DEMU (Diesel Electric Multiple Unit) train to the nation. Travel route of this first solar powered DEMU is
a) Sarai Rohilla-Farukh Nagar railway route
b) Shakurbasti-Mathura, Uttar Pradesh railway route
c) Rewari-Sitapur railway route
d) Kalka-Shimla railway route
Ans. (a) Sarai Rohilla-Farukh Nagar railway route
3. Team of Indian scientists/astronomers has discovered a previously unknown supercluster of galaxies. What is the name that was given to this heavenly body?
d) Shapley Concentration
Ans. (b) Saraswati
4. Which country will become the world’s largest milk producer by 2026, as per OECD-FAO Agricultural Outlook 2017-2026 report?
Ans. (a) India
5. Which country has recently legalised same-sex marriage?
Ans. (b) Malta
6. Which of the following became the first state to fix minimum education qualification for cooperative body poll?
d) Madhya Pradesh
Ans. (c) Rajasthan
7. UNESCO recently added caves with world’s oldest known art to heritage list. These caves are located in which of the following countries?
Ans. (a) Germany
8. UNESCO recently added caves with world’s oldest known art to heritage list. These caves are located in which of the following countries?
Ans. (c) Bangladesh
9. Name the person who became the first British man who gave birth to a girl child.
a) Hayden Cross
b) Aariyeh Williams
c) Gregg Jones
d) Halwell Smith
Ans. (a) Hayden Cross
10. Which of the following was recently inscribed on the List of World Heritage in Danger?
a) Historic Centre of Vienna
c) Fatehpur Sikri
d) Grand Canyon National Park
Ans. (a) Historic Centre of Vienna