- Which place associated with the 1917 freedom movement.?
Ans. Champaran Movement
- Which among the following is the hardest metal among Gold, Iron, Platinum, Tungsten? Ans. Tungsten
- Glass is manufactured by heating which of the following up to 400ºC? (a) Lime stone (b) Soda Ash (c) Silica (Right combination was asked)
Ans. Glass is manufactured by heating Lime stone + Soda Ash + Silica, (all of them)
- What was the purpose of initiation of Dandi March?
Ans. To break the salt law
- Convulsions in infants is caused due to the deficiency of which vitamin?
Ans. Pyridoxine – A type of vitamin B
- Name the only Indian musician to have sung in United Nations (UN)?
Ans. M.S. Subbulakshmi
- Who won the Tansen Samman for 2001?
Ans. Ustad Amjad Ali Khan
- Who is the Secretary-General of Commonwealth?
- Who is the Secretary General of Lok Sabha?
Ans. G.C. Malhotra
- Name the party that won parliamentary elections in Bangladesh in 2001?
Ans. Bangladeshi Nationalist Party (BNP)
- What is the real GDP annual growth rate according to RBI for 2001 – 2002?
Ans. For 2001-2002 it is 6 to 6.5% (estimated)
- Who is the chairman of the probing committee of UTI fiasco?
Ans. S.S. Tarapore
- Name the country that banned Human Cloning in 2001?
Ans. United Kingdom, around April 2001
- Name the scheme that was not announced by the Prime Minister on 15th August 2001?
Ans. Schemes that were announced on 15th August 2001 are: (1) Sampoorna Gramin Yojana (2) National Nutrition Mission (3) Ambedkar Awas Yojana (4) Housing for families of Army Jawans (therefore, the scheme except the above stated ones was not announced by the Prime Minister)
- What is the meaning of Hysterisis of an instrument?
Ans. A retardation of the effect when the forces acting upon a body are changed esp. a lagging in the values of resulting magnetization in a magnetic material (as iron) due to changing magnetic force.
- Which physical quantity’s unit is ‘Tesla’?
Ans. Magnetic Flux
- Who is the chairman of Railway Board?
Ans. V.K. Aggarwal
- Who is the Vice-Chancellor of IGNOU?
Ans. Professor H.P Dixit
- Name the movie directed by Mira Nair that won the Golden lion award in 2001?
Ans. Monsoon Wedding
- K. Venkataswami Commission is associated with which scandal?
Ans. Tehelka Episode (Armsgate Scandal)
- Who won the Century of the star award in a function held at Egypt in 2001?
Ans. Amitabh Bachchan
- Who authored “India from midnight to millennium”?
Ans. Shashi Tharoor
- Who is the Managing Director of HDFC Bank?
Ans. Aditya Puri
- What is the reason of not falling of Leaning Tower of Peasa?
Ans. Soil below the structure precizely subterranean water makes the ground beneath the tower, unstable
- Why enamel is coated on a transformer between its coils?
Ans. To reduce heating effect
- How many number of states went for Assembly elections in the year 2000?
- Which personality is known as “Palio brand champion”?
Ans. Sachin Tendulkar
- Name the plant that gives only seeds and not fruit?
- Which is a polymer (few options like, vinyl chloride, urea etc. were given)?
- Who initiated the construction of Fatehpur Sikri?
- According to the World FDI investment report, from the year 2000 to 2001, FDI has increased by 18%. This increase amounts to what amount in dollars?
Ans. 1.3 trillion dollars.
- Which state has launched “Apna Van Apna Dhan ” scheme?
Ans. Himachal Pradesh
- Borndila pass is situated in which state of India?
Ans. Arunachal Pradesh
- When was National Tourism Policy drafted?
Ans. The answer was none of the given options, as Dec. 2001 was slated to be the month of drafting the policy, finally.