- As per the Global Competitiveness Report, 2001 which country has emerged as the most the competitive nation?
- An egg sinks in tap water but floats in a conecentrated solution of salt because:
Ans. the density of salt solution exceeds the density of eggs.
- The science dealing with the study of phenomenon at very low temperature is known as:
- Jhum is:
Ans. a type of cultivation
- Gasoline is the name given to the same substance as:
Ans. natural gas
- Which of the following is an organic rock?
- The writ of certiorari is issued by a superior court:
Ans. to an inferior court to transfer the records of proceedings in a case for its review.
- Tata, Birlas, AT&T infused Rs. 300 crores (100 crores each) into which company as it was jointly called:
- Inflation, in theory, ocurs:
Ans. when money supply grows at a higher rate than GDP in real terms.
- Aggregate Measure of Support (AMS) in the context of WTO refers to:
Ans. The quantum of subsidy given to the agriculture sector.
- Name the official sponsor of the Indian hockey Team for the year 2001?
Ans. Indian Airlines.
- Daniel Radcliffe made headlines for getting the role of portraying on screen which famous muggle-born in the literary world?
Ans. Harry Potter
- Name the scheme run by Unit Trust of India, which was dubbed “Pandora’s Box of Horror”?
Ans. US 64.
- In which year did the first modern Olympic Games take place?
- The Pizza Hut is the world’s largest food chain. Name the world’s largest restaurant company?
- Which is the last letter in the Greek alphabet?
- Sound travels fastest through:
- Excise duty is tax levied on:
Ans. production of goods.
- Which of the following is considered a good source of Vitamin A?
- What is common to these people?
Manmohan Singh, C. Rangarajan, Bimal Jalan, L.K. Jha
Ans. They have served as Governors of RBI.
- What is common to these cities?
Seattle, Doha, Singapore
Ans. Venue of WTO ministerial conference.
- Which among the following products forms India’s largest item of export in terms of value?
Ans. Gems and Jewellery
- Who received the Indira Gandhi Prize of Peace, Disarmament and Development of the year 2000?
Ans. Mary Robinson
- Jeff Bezos is the founder of :