1. Who is the Chairperson of the 7th Pay Commission of India?
(a) Sushil Bhardwaj
(b) Ashok K. Mathur
(c) Vijay Bhan
(d) Ranjan Srivastava
2. Who among the following was a cultural theorist, teacher and writer of UK who died in February 2014?
(a) George McGill
(b) Lord Michael Atlee
(c) Stuart M Hall
(d) Shaun Connery
3. Which of the following Bills, passed by Rajya Sabha in February 2014, seeks to establish a mechanism to encourage persons to disclose information on corruption or willful misuse of power by public servants?
(a) Whistleblowers’ Protection Bill
(b) Lokpal Bill
(c) Right to Information Bill
(d) Anti-Corruption Action Bill
4. Name the submarine of Indian Navy which met with an accident on 26 February 2014, leading to the resignation of Naval Chief Admiral D.K. Joshi.
(a) INS Sindhurakshak
(b) INS Sindhuratna
(c) INS Vikrant
(d) INS Arihant
5. In the interim Railway Budget 2014 announcement to expand railway service to which State of India was announced?
(b) Arunachal Pradesh
6. What was the total spend on food, fertilizer and fuel subsidy in 2014-15, as per the interim Budget 2014?
(a) 2.5 trillion rupees
(b) 3.6 trillion rupees
(c) 5 trillion rupees
(d) 8.4 trillion rupees
7. Where were the 2014 Winter Olympics held?
8. Name the winner of Vyas Samman 2012?
(a) Narendra Kohli
(b) Jaan-nissar Akhtar
(c) N.C. Chaudhary
(d) Prasoon Joshi
9. What is the name of the planned global network of cube satellites broadcasting Internet data to all the people on earth free?
10. Which of the following are the largest cities of the proposed 29th State of India, Telengana?
(a) Vizag, Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Vijaywada
(b) Hyderabad, Vijaywada, Nizamabad, Warangal
(c) Warangal, Hyderabad, Nizamabad, Karimnagar
(d) Moradabad, Hyderabad, Nizamabad, Warangal
1. (b) 2. (c) 3. (a) 4. (b) 5. (d) 6. (a) 7. (d) 8. (a) 9. (b) 10. (c)