1) ‘As You Like It’ was written by :
(a) Bernard Shaw
(b) George Orwell
(c) Pearl S Buck
correct answer is (d) Shakespeare
As You Like It is a pastoral comedy by William Shakespeare believed to have been written in 1599 or early 1600 and first published in the First Folio, 1623. The play’s first performance is uncertain, though a performance at Wilton House in 1603 has been suggested as a possibility.The play features one of Shakespeare’s most famous and oft-quoted speeches, “All the world’s a stage”, and is the origin of the phrase “too much of a good thing”. The play remains a favourite among audiences and has been adapted for radio, film, and musical theatre.
2) The Konkan railway has been constructed between :
(a) Thiruvananthapuram and Mumbai
(b) Manglore and Chennai
(c) Thiruvananthapuram and Goa
(d) Mangalore and Mumbai
correct answer is d) Mangalore and Mumbai
Konkan Railway Line between Roha in Maharashtra and Mangalore in Karnataka. The Konkan Railway route is 760 km in length
3) Palatana Power Plant is located in which of the following states?
(a) Tamil Nadu
correct answer is (c) Tripura
4) The National Highway 1 connects
(a) Chennai and New Delhi
(b) Jammu and New Delhi
(c) Kolkata and Amritsar
(d) Srinagar and Thiruvananthapuram
The correct answer is (c) Kolkata and Amritsar
Check your Word Power :
5) The antonym of the word Tart is
correct answer is (c) sweet
Tart Definition: bitter, sour in taste or effect
Current Affairs for the day :
6) Keith Campbell was a British biologist who was a key part of the team which created Dolly the ———-, a breakthrough in animal cloning, has died.
correct answer is (a) sheep
Congratulations to everyone who got the correct answers. A new set of challenging questions will be posted shortly. Wait for it.