1. Summers in Western Europe are warmer than those in Eastern Europe because of
(a) the influence of the warm ocean current
(b) the influence of bright sunshine
(c) the lower mountains terrain
(d) peninsular nature of the continent
2. Consider the following substances:
Which of these substances occur in plant cell wall
(a) 1, 2 and 3
(b) l, 2. 3 and 4
(c) 1, 2 and 4
(d) 3 and 4
3. In medieval India. what was the name given to the Letter of Credit payable after a certain period?
4. Who amongst the following Indians is asoociated with Billiards ?
(A) Subroto Paul
(B) Pankaj Advani
(C) Parimarjan Negi
(D) Baichung Bhutia
(E) Vijender Singh
5. India is a member of which of the following organizations?
6. Teacher’s Day is celebrated on?
(A) 15th September
(B) 10th September
(C) 5th September
(D) 15th October
(E) 10th October
7. Consider the following statements-
District administration stands for
1. Law and order administration within a district
2. Revenue administration within a district
3. Developmental administration within a district
4. Public administration within a district
Of the statements-
(A) 1 alone is correct
(B) 2 alone is correct
(C) 1, 2, and 3 are correct
(D) 4 alone is correct
8. How many languages are there in the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution of India ?
(A) Eighteen languages
(B) Nineteen languages
(C) Sixteen languages
(D). Twenty•two languages
9. In which list does the Union Government enjoy exclusive powers ?
(A) Union List
(B) State List
(C) Concurrent List
(D) Both (A) and (B).
10. Consider the following statements-
Right to information is necessary in lndia because it—
1. Increases people’s participation in administration
2. Makes administration more accountable to people
3. Makes administration more innovative
4. Makes people aware of administrative decision making
Of the statements-
(A) 1, 2 and 3 are correct
(B) 2, 3 and 4 are correct
(C) 1, 2 and 4 are correct
(D) 1, 3, and 4 are correct