There is no hard and fast rule to get to the interview stage of the IAS Exam. Prelims and Mains are the first two stages of the exams for which aspirants work really hard. However, many forget to prepare for the interview stage, thinking that success in Mains will be enough to secure a rank in civil services examination.
The following tips will help candidates to crack IAS Interview:
- Full knowledge of the UPSC Syllabus: Aspirants should be well-versed with the syllabus so that any question related to any topic in the IAS Exam can be answered by them irrespective of their interests in that topic.
- Attractive DAF – Detailed Application Form is a mirror-image of your personality hence, aspirants should give sometime while filling it. You should clearly specify your hobbies, your interests in a way that makes you stand out in the interview
- Honesty with the interview – It is very important for aspirants to be honest with their preparation. If you think you can make artificial answers or camouflage your personality with some random fakeness, that is not going to help you out. Whatever preparation you have done in Mains should be well revised.
- Revision – Revision of the entire syllabus before the result of mains actually come out, will be extremely helpful for the candidates. You should hold your horses for the interview result and prepare for the best in the IAS interview.
- Know the places you visited – Sometimes, trivial topics like your interests, places you have been to, catch interests of your interviewers and they can ask you about the demography of the place. Hence, you should be well aware of your surroundings too.
- Know your interviewers – Knowing which panel is going to take interviews and who is going to be the chief interviewer, can aid your performance at the time of interview. Hence, know the panel, read the reviews of the interviews taken by them and prepare accordingly.
- Master your optional subject – Having chosen an optional subject in your mains, you should be at least fully aware of its syllabus and important parts related to it as questions are expected from here in the interview.