Secretariat Assistant / General Knowledge / Exam held on 05-06-2004 -Kerala PSC
Time: 75 min Max : 100 Mark
Questions 1 to 5 : Choose synonymous word
1. To surprise somebody greatly:
A. Apprise B. Antonyms C. Astonish D. Reveal
2.To make something more important that it realy:
A. Excess B. Elaborate C. Strees upon D. Exaggerate
3.Express one opinion without evidence or full knowledge:
A. Specify B. Speculate C. Concede D. Sensing
4. An event that will happen soon:
A. Imminent B. Damnsure C. Immense D. Immutable
5.To lead somebody to do something:
A. Persuade B. Placate C. Persecute D. Perpend
Questions 6 to 10 : Four words are given in each .There of them can be grouped together applying a principle. One word does not belong to the group. Find it out.
6. A .Violet B. Blue C. Magenda D. Green
7. A. Cucumber B. Carrot C. Brinjal D. Ladies finger
8 .A. Yaswanth Sinha B. Jaswant Singh
C. Shatrugnan Sinha D. Manmohan Singh
9. A. Cancel B. Nullify C. Void D. Confirm
10. A.G. Sanakarakuruppu B. O.N.V Kuruppu
C. S.K Pottekkadu D. Thakazhi Sivasankarapillai
Questions 11 to 13 : Three words are given. There is a relationship between the first two words. Select a word that expresses a similar relationship with the third word from the given alternatives.
11. Panther Panjali : Sathyajith Ray ; Athithi:
A. K.P Kumaran B. M.T Vasudevan Nair
C. T.V Chandran D. P.A Backer
12. Pareekkuty : Madhu ; Chemban Kunju:
A. P.J Antony B. Jose Prakash
B. Govindankutty D. Kottarakara Sreedharan Nair
13. Bangladesh : Dhaka ; Austria :
A. Canberra B. Lapaz C. Santiago D. Vienna
Questions 14 to 20 : Choose collect answer from the alternative to fill the blank space :
A. M,Q B. S,X C.T,Y D.U,Z
15. ADH, BEL, CFJ,
A. DGL B. DHK C.EHL D. FIM
16. Veluthampi Dalawa – a brave fight against British Army.
A. Put up B. Put off C. Put in D. Put down
17. The train was coming, the supervisor —- the workers to stop working on rail.
A. Called off B. Called in C. Called away D. Called out
18.It —- rain this evening.
A. Can B. May C. Could D. Is
19. —–The suspected cause for earthquakes is the construction of dams.
A. Most of B. Only C. One of D. None of these.
20. There were —- telephone booths around, so that the old one is closed.
A. few B. a little C. a few D. little
ANSWERS With Explanations
1. C. Astonish 2. B. Exaggerate
3. B. Speculate 4. A. Imminent
5. A. Persuade
6. C. Magenda. All others colours present in rainbow.
7. B. Carrot. It is a root vegetable.
8. C. Shatrugnan Sinha. All others were Finance Minister of India D. Manmohan singh also can be the answers. as others were only union ministers while Manmohan Singh is the Prime Minister.
9. D. Confirm
10. B. O.N.V Kuruppu (G. Sanakarakuruppu,S.K Pottekkadu and Thakazhi Sivasankarapillaiall the recipients of Jnanpith award).
11. A. K.P Kumaran
12. D. Kottarakara Sreedharan Nair
P.J Antony First Keralite get Bharat award
13. D. Vienna ( Canberra- Capital of Austalia, Santiago- Capital of Chile)
14. C. T, Y
[A] B C D [E] F G H I [J] K L M
N [O] P Q R S [T] U V W X [Y] Z
[E] 5th Position [J] 10th position [O] 15th position
[T] 20th position [Y] 25th position
15. C. and D. are correct
A + 3 = D, D + 4 = H
B + 3 = E, E + 4 = I
C + 3 = F, F + 4 = J
E + 3 = H, H + 4 = L
FIM also comes in the same manner.
16. A. Put up 17. D. Called out
18. B. May 19. C. One of the
20. A. a few