What is SAP?( System Application & Products)
The name SAP is acronym for Systems, Applications and Products in Data Processing. SAP is an extremely complicated system which is very difficult to understand all of it.
SAP is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) software product capable of integrating multiple business applications, with each application representing a specific business area. These applications update and process transactions in real time mode. It has the ability to be configured to meets the needs of the business.
- SAP are Mainly categorized into 3 core functional areas:
- Sales and Distribution (SD)
- Material Management (MM)
- Warehouse Management (WM)
- Production Planning (PP)
- General Logistics (LO)
- Quality Management (QM)
- Financial Accounting (FI)
- Controlling (CO)
- Enterprise Controlling (EC)
- Investment Management (IM)
- Treasury (TR)
- Human Resources
- Personnel Administration (PA)
- Personnel Development (PD)
- Human Resources
SAP and its Applications:
From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device, SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition by extending the availability of software across on-premise installations, on-demand deployments and mobile devices.
other things about SAP
- SAP runs on a fourth generation programming language language called Advance Business Application Programming (ABAP). It have many of the features of other modern programming languages such as the familiar C, Visual Basic, and Power Builder. Your programs name conventions begins with a letter yxxx or zxxx.
SAP graphical user interfaces (SAPGUI) runs on Windows / NT / Unix / AS400.