1. Chinook-Hot, dry wind in Rockies, also called ‘snow eater’.
2. Foehn-Hot, dry wind in the Alps
3.Khamsin-Hot, dry wind in Egypt.
4. Sirocco-Hot, moist wind from Sahara to Mediterranean Sea
5. Solano-Hot, moist wind from Sahara towards Iberian Peninsula
6. Harmattan-Hot, dry wind blowing outwards from the interior of W.Africa, also called Guinea Doctor.
7. Bora-Cold, dry wind blowing outwards from Hungary to the north of Italy (near Adriatic Sea).
8. Mistral-Very cold wind, which blows from the Alps over France
9.Punas-Cold, dry wind blowing down towards the western side of Andes.
10.Blizzard-Very cold winds in Tundra region
11.Purga-Cold wind in Russian tundra
12. Levanter-Cold wind in Spain
13 Norwester-Hot wind in New Zealand
14.Santa Ana-Hot wind in S. California in USA.