1. What is the name of the organization that regulates the securities markets in India?
SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India)
2. Stock split increases a companys equity capital: TRUE or FALSE?
3. Which of the following investments has the highest liquidity: shares, fixed deposit, closed-end mutual funds?
4. What is the income called as that you receive from a company that it may distribute to its shareholders from its profits each year?
5. Stock market investments are ideal for what time horizon: long-term or short-term?
6.What is the short form of BSE Sensitive Index?
7.If an investor can invest Rs. 1.0 lac or less in an IPO, that investor is categorized as what?
8. You are investing at _______ price, if you invest in an IPO at the highest price of the price band Technical investment analysis is suitable for what type of investors?
9.What are the names of the two stock market indices in India?
NIFTY and SENSEX
10. If the price earnings ratio (P/E) of a company is high, it means you can recover the investment in the shares of that company in a lesser time: TRUE or FALSE?
11.Converting shares in demat mode back to physical mode is called as _______
12.EPS is the acronym for _______
Earnings Per Share
13. The statement, with reference to investing in shares, “Don't put all the eggs in one basket,” means invest in different companies rather than in one company: TRUE or FALSE?
14. What is the name of the order that you place to buy a share at a specific price you specify?
15. Demat is the acronym for _______
16. A faster way of buying / selling the same number of shares that you earlier had sold / bought, on the same day, in the same exchange, at the market value is known as _______
17. If youve bought shares in an intraday mode, what should you do before the intraday time ends?
Sell or take delivery
18.To buy / sell shares, you should have a _______ account : Demat
19. What do IPO and FPO mean?
Initial Public Offer (IPO) and Follow-on Public Offer (FPO)
20.A growing stock market is referred to as a _______ market and a falling stock market is called as a _______ market
Bull and Bear
21.What is the name of the two share depositories in India?
NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) and CSDL (Central Securities Depository Limited)
22.What is the name for selling shares in an intra-day mode, even though you dont have the same shares in your demat account?
22.The shares you buy are credited to your demat account, usually, in how many days?
T (Transaction day) + 2 days
23. What does it mean if a company announces bonus shares in the ratio of 5:1?
One bonus share for every five shares held