1. Dr F Lanchester invented what motor safety aid in 1902?
2. Halophobia fear of what?
3. Arthur Jefferson better known as who?
4. Why is the city La Paz in Bolivia safe from fire?
To high – Not enough air to burn
5. What is the national drink of Yugoslavia?
6. Agnes the girls name means what?
7. What were the wicks in the Vestal Virgins lamps made from?
8. Who is the Patron Saint of France?
9. What are you supposed to give/get for 40 years of marriage?
10. What is the Roman Numeral for 1000?
11. Who was the first man in space?
12. What would you do with a Yashmak?
Wear it – it’s an Arab veil
13. Who betrayed Jesus to the Romans?
14. Who’s band was The Quarrymen?
15. Which was the most successful Grand National horse?
16. Who starred as the Six Million Dollar Man?
17. In the song Waltzing Matilda – What is a Jumbuck?
18. Who was Dan Dare’s greatest enemy in the Eagle?
19. What is Dick Grayson better known as?
Robin (Batman and Robin)
20. What was given on the fourth day of Christmas?
21. What was Skippy ( on TV )?
The bush kangaroo
22. What does a funambulist do?
23. What is the name of Dennis the Menace’s dog?
24. What are bactrians and dromedaries?
Camels (one hump or two)
25. Who played The Fugitive?
26. Who was the King of Swing?
27. Who was the first man to fly across the channel?
28. Who starred as Rocky Balboa?
29. In which war was the charge of the Light Brigade?
30. Who invented the television?
John Logie Baird
31. Who would use a mashie niblick?
32. In the song who killed Cock Robin?
33. What do deciduous trees do?
Lose their leaves in winter
34. In golf what name is given to the No 3 wood?
35. If you has caries who would you consult?
Dentist – its tooth decay
36. What other name is Mellor’s famously known by?
Lady Chatterlys Lover
37. What did Jack Horner pull from his pie?
38. How many feet in a fathom?
39. which film had song Springtime for Hitler?
40. Name the legless fighter pilot of ww2?
41. What was the name of inn in Treasure Island?
42. What was Erich Weiss better known as?
43. Who sailed in the Nina – Pinta and Santa Maria?
44. Which leader died in St Helena?
45. Who wrote Gone with the Wind?
46. What does ring a ring a roses refer to?
The Black Death
47. Whose nose grew when he told a lie?
48. Who has won the most Oscars?
49. What would a Scotsman do with a spurtle?
Eat porridge (it’s a spoon)
50. Which award has the words for valour on it?