151. Vitamin B is found in:
A. tomato B. yeast C. carrot D. None of these
152. The famous ruler of ancient India who towards the end of his life is said to have converted to Jainism, abdicated in favour of his son and became an ascetic was:
A. Bindusara B. Chandra Gupta II C. Chandra Gupta Maurya D. Samudra Gupta
153. The title of Governor General of India was substituted for that of Governor General of Bengal under the Charter act of:
A. 1813 B. 1833 C 1781 D. 1713
154. Sculptors of the Gandhara School reflect the influence of the
A. Chinese B. Romans C. Greeks D. Persians
155. Who wrote Ramacharitmanasam ?
A. Tulsidas B. Kalidasa C. Vatmiki D. None of these
156. First air flight in India was from:
A. Delhi to Karachi B. Bombay to Delhi C. Bombay to Karachi D. None of these
157. The highest mountain peak in India:
A. Marulis B. Anamudi C. Mahendra Giri D. Godwin Austin
158. The only artificial lake in India 1200 metre above sea level:
A. Nakki B. Woolar C. Jersoppa D. Pookkod
159. Industrial Revolution began in
A. Russia B. China C. England D. France
160. The Master Control Facility of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is at:
A. Thumba B. Chandipur – on – Sea C. Sriharikota D. Hassan
161, Oru Desathinte Katha the famous malayalam novel has been written by:
A. Thakazhy B. M.T.Vasudevan Nair C. S.K.Pottakkadu D. K. Surendran
162. What does I.F.A. stands for ?
A. Indian Football Association B. International Food Association
C. Indian Fertilizer Association D. Indian Air Force
163. Gandhi Sagar Dam is on the river:
A. Betwa B. Chambal C. Narmada D. Tapti
164. Chanakya’s other name was:
A. Kautilya B. Chandra Gupta C. Nanda D. None of these
165. Art which place did Buddha get enlightment ?
A. Patna B. Gaya C. Saranath D. Lumbini
166. Contents are:
A. hand grenades B. pistols C. celestial bodies D. None of these
167. What is the modern name of Mysore State ?
A. Karnataka B. Tamil Nadu C. Andra Pradesh D. Telungana
168. Name the first women to conquer Mount Everest:
A. Jeanne Sauve B. ValentinaTereshkova C. Bachendri Pal D. JunkoTabei
169. How many countries are these in SAARC ?
A. 6 B. 7 C. 8 D. 5
170. Wimbledon is a place connected with:
A. Cricket B. Badminton C.Table Tennis D. Lawn Tennis
171. Who are Red Indians?
A. Original inhabitants of America B. The oldest tribal people of South Indias
C. Tribal inhabitants of Africa D. None of these
172. The shortage of which of the following vitamins causes degeneration of sex glands ?
A. Vitamin E B. Vitamin B C. Vitamin C D. Vitamin A
173. Lexicography is the study of
A. Insects B. Plant life C. Pottery D. Compiling of dictionary
174. Who is the author of the book Ujjaini?
A. M.T. Vasudevan Nair B. Ayyappapanicker C. O.N.V.Kurup
D. K. G. Sankara Pillai
175. With which of the following instruments is Ustad Vilayat Khan associated?
A. Tabala B. Sarod C. Sarangi D. Sitar
176. Name the first ever film to be made in Sanskrit?
A. Vatsayan B. Vivekanand C. Adi shankaracharya D. Shakuntalam
177. B.C.G. Vaccine is given for:
A. Tuberculosis B. Cancer C. Polio D. Typhoid
178. What does I.R.D.P. Stand for?
A. International Rural Development programme B. International! Reconstruction and Development Programme C. Integrated Rural Development programme
D. Integrated Rural Deposit Programme.
179. Bacteria were first observed by:
A. Pasteur B. Red C. Leeuwenhock D. Koch
180. After vaccination the body builds up:
A. Antibodies B. Toxins C. Lymph D. Plasma
181. Which planet is most similar to Earth in respect to gravity, escape velocity and size ?
A. Mars B. Uranus C. Venus D. Neptune
182. Sterling Silver is an alloy of Silver and:
A. Gold B. Tin C. Platinum D. Copper
183. The Green house effect is caused by an excess of:
A. Carbon dioxide B. Carbon monoxide C. Carbon tetrachloride
D. None of these
184. Radioactivity cannot be detected by a:
A. Synchrotron B. Scintillation Counter C. Photographic plate
D. Cloud chamber
185. In which year was the Tashkent pact Signed between India and Pakistan ?
A. 1165 B. 1164 C. 1166 D. 1167s
186. Who was known as “Punjab Kesari” ?
A. Bhagat Singh B. Lala Lajpat Rai C. Guru Gobind Singh
D Sant Harchand Singh
187. The velocity of the sound in Vacuum is:
A. Less than in air B. Greater than in air C. Same as in air D. None of these
188. In which country is Jafna Situated?
A. India B. Malaysia C. Sri Lanka D. Bangladesh
189. Where is the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research situated?
A. Pune B. Nasik C. Bangalore D. Bombay
190. With which of following fields is Birju Maharaj associated ?
A. Medicine B. Literature C. Dance D. Music
191. The shanti Swarup Bhatnagar award are given for excellence in:
A. Economy B. Science and technology C. Farming D. Literature
192. Paediatrician is a:
A. Eye specialist B. Heart Specialist C.Bone Specialist D. Child Specialist
193. Pentagon refers to :
A. The defense department of U.S.A B. The parliament of Israel
C. The parliament of U.S.S.R. D. The palace of Queen of U.K.
194. Which of the following disease is caused due to shortage of red blood cells ?
A. Arthritis B. Leukaemia C. Anaemia D. Meningitis
195. Coffee is not grown in
A. Maharashtra B. Kerala C. TamilNadu D.None of these
196. Nilgiris are part of:
A. Vindhyachal B.Tamil Nadu Hills C Western Ghats D. Eastern Ghats
197. Tamil, Telungu and Malayalam belong to which linguistic family ?
A. Dravidian B. Aryan C. Austric D. None of these
198. The novel Gora is written by:
A. R. K. Narayan B.M. Anand C. Premchand D. Rabindranath Tagore
199. The first cotton mill in India was set up in Calcutta in:
A.1126 B. 818 C. 1110 D. 1856
200. The book Broken wings was written by:
A. Amritapritam B. R. K. Narayan C. Nirad C. Chaudhary D. Sarojini Naidu
151. B. yeast
152. C. Chandra Gupta Maurya
153. B. 1833
154. C. Greeks
155. A. Tulsidas
156. C. Bombay to Karachi
157. D. Godwin Austin
158. A. Nakki
151. C. England
160. D. Hassan
161. C. S. K. Pottakkadu
162. A. Indian Football Association
163. B. Chambal
164. A. Kautilya
165. B. Gaya
166. C. celestial bodies
167. B. Karnataka
168. D. Junko Tabei
161. B. 7
170. D. Lawn Tennis
171. A. Original inhabitants of America
172. B. Vitamin B
173. D. Compiling of dictionary
174. C. O.N.V. Kurup
175. D. Sitar
176. C. Adi Shankaracharya
177. A. Tuberculosis
178. C. Integrated Rural Development Programme.
171. C. Leeuwenhock
180. A. Antibodies
181. C. Venus
182. D. Copper
183. A. Carbon dioxide
184. A. Synchrotron
185. C. 1166
186. B. Lala Lajpat Rai
187. A. Less than in air
188. C. Sri Lanka
189. D. Bombay
190. C. Dance
191. B. Science and technology
192. D. Child Specialist
193. A. The defense department of U.S.A
194. C. Anaemia
195. A. Maharashtra
196. C. Western Ghats
197. A. Dravidian
198. D. Rabindranath Tagore
200. D. Sarojini Naidu