In the News
Christian Wulff is elected president of Germany.
Former Olympic champion Pál Schmitt is elected president of Hungary.
At least 21 people are killed in severe flooding in Romania.
The People’s Republic of China and the Republic of China (Taiwan) sign the
Economic Cooperation Framework Agreement, intended to boost trade across the Taiwan Strait.
A new constitution is approved in a referendum in Kyrgyzstan.
Mexican politician and state gubernatorial candidate Rodolfo Torre Cantú is assassinated in the country’s ongoing drug war.
Robert Byrd, the United States’ longest-serving senator, dies at the age of 92.
Representatives of the G-20 major economies meet in Toronto.
– Christian Wulff elected German president after tense vote
– Obama to sign new sanctions bill against Iran
– US House passes historic Wall Street reform bill
– Nepal parties start race for PM’s post
– ATC denies permission for Naidu to fly
– By-polls announced in Telangana
– Dhaka to enact law to curb `yellow journalism
– Nigerian president suspends national team from world football
– BREAKING NEWS: Sharad Pawar takes over as ICC chief
– Sharad Pawar is new ICC president
– Sharad Pawar takes over as ICC president