1. Who won World Chess Championship against Veselin Topalov in 2010?
Answer: Viswanathan Anand
Anand defeated Bulgarian Veselin Topalov.
2. Who is the new Chief Justice of India?
Answer: Justice S H Kapadia,
Justice S H Kapadia (62-year-old), the most senior judge of the Supreme Court, was on Wednesday sworn in as the 38th Chief Justice of India by President Pratibha Patil
3. Who is the British Prime Minister after Gordon Brown?
Answer: David Cameron
4. Who is the new IPL Commissionaire?
Answer: Chirayu Amin
Chirayu Amin has joined as the new IPL commissioner after the removal of lalit Modi. Mr. Amin is Baroda Cricket Association president and he also heads a company known as Alembic Chemicals.
5. What is Khap Panchayat?
Answer: Khap panchayats or caste councils are the local Panchayat’s in Haryana villages which have come into lime light due to their diktats (or fatwa) prohibiting same ‘gotra’ marriages’. They are run as a separate courts or adalats where judgement are given by Khap Panchs. The Hindu Marriage Act however does not prohibits same caste marriage. Most political parties support Khap Panchayats.
6. Who has issued fatwa – saying that it is illegal for women to work?
Answer: Darul Uloom Deoband
Darul Uloom Deoband the Sunni Muslim seminary had this fatwa issued by a bench of three clerics
7. What is the name of panel that is being setup to look into Telangana issue?
Answer: Srikrishna committee
Srikrishna committee or panel has been set up to study the demand for separate Telangana
8. What is the real name of character artiste ‘Sambha‘ from super hit film of all times ‘Sholey‘ who passed away recently.
Answer: Mac Mohan
Apart from Sholey Mac Mohan also acted in Amitabh starrers like “Zanjeer”, “Don”, “Shaan” and “Satte Pe Satta”. He was suffering from lung cancer.
9. Who is the Union minister who has offered to resign for his controversial remarks against the home ministry for allegedly stalling some Chinese imports?
Answer: Jairam Ramesh
10. Who is the IAS Topper in UPSC Civil Services Exam 2010 which has been released by UPSC recently?
Answer: SHAH FAESAL
Dr Faesal 26-year-old MBBS graduate, who topped the list of 875 successful candidates, said that he was not only the first Kashmiri to achieve the milestone but also the second Muslim in the history to achieve this feat.
11. Who was the only surviving terrorist involved in the 2008 Mumbai attacks, and is found guilty of murder, conspiracy, and waging war against India recently?
Answer: Ajmal Kasab of Pakistan
12. Name the president of MCI – Medical Council of India who is facing graft charges and has to resign.
Answer: Ketan Desai
Ketan Desai was arrested on April 22 by CBI for allegedly accepting bribe to give permission to a Punjab medical college to recruit a fresh batch of students without having requisite infrastructure. MCI controlls Medical Education in India.
13.Who received 27th Niwano Peace Foundation award on May 13, 2010?
Answer: Ms. Ela Ramesh Bhatt of Self-Employed Women’s Association (SEWA) India who has received a medal and twenty million yen.
The Niwano Peace Foundation Japan established the Niwano Peace Prize to honor and encourage individuals and organizations that have contributed significantly to inter-religious cooperation, thereby furthering the cause of world peace, and to make their achievements known as widely as possible.
14. Name the company from whose premises toxic leak happened in one of the worst industrial disasters called Bhopal gas tragedy.
Answer: Union Carbide India Limited (UCIL) (now defunct)
15. Which Company has started up a BPO in Srinagar starting reverse migration of Kashmir?
Answer: Essar Group-run Aegis has started a BPO in Srinagar