1. Who is elected as the new President of Columbia?
Juan Manuel Santos
2. Which country is planning to build the world’s largest seawater desalination plant?
3. Chairman of Railway Recruitment Board, Mumbai who was arrested by Central Bureau of Investigation in Hyderabad in connection with a multi-crore Railway Recruitment Board scam?
S. N. Sharma.
4. Which country has enriched 17 kg of uranium to 20 percent purity despite new international sanctions?
5. Name the first Indian women who have been named as full professor at Harward University.
6. First-ever edition of the World Classical Tamil Conference held in?
The conference held from 23rd June10 to 27th June10. The chairman of the conference is Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu M.Karunanidhi. Tamil Internet Conference also is organized along the Tamil conference.
7. Indian Cricketer who is to be given an honorary rank in the Indian Air Force in recognition of his contribution to the nation and to encourage young people to join up?
Indian President Pratibha Patil had agreed to confer the rank of group captain on Tendulkar in Indian Airforce.
8. The film technician who has been included in the Oscar Voting committee by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences?
9. Who is appointed as chairman of Nasscom for 2010-11?
10. Name the company from whose premises toxic leak happened in one of the worst industrial disasters called Bhopal gas tragedy.
Union Carbide India Limited (UCIL)